Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Trying Again...

I've been holding off posting for some time, in part (but not in toto) because my computer and connection aren't/haven't been especially reliable. My connection is a little better, and (PLEASE?!?) I should be getting my new CPU this coming weekend.

It's a helluva good deal for 5 c-notes; a TB hard-drive (compared with this old 40 GB fossil) and at least triple the processing power and RAM I have now, and this guy is building it for me and will deliver it to me from 200 miles away, give or take. Beat that deal! I was hoping last weekend, but have since learned that he had a nasty accident. He didn't elaborate, but maybe he stepped outside and slipped on some of Al Gore's global warming; he said he spent a week in the hospital. Ouch...in more ways than one. Especially if he's entirely self-employed...I've been told by a mutual friend that he has a shop in northern Indiana, but not whether or not that's just a side-thing. If not and he doesn't have a health care plan...and no telling if our beloved messiah would deem him worthy of coverage under his divinely-inspired plan.

Which-well, nothing at all divine about Nancy Pelosi, an alleged Catholic; she'd probably be like the witch in the Wizard of Oz if she stepped into a church and/or got splashed with holy water. (Does the Catholic Conference endorse the over-use of botox, just by the way?) The ONE has presented no actual plan of his own, and doesn't have a particular clue about the plans that have been and are yet in play; he merely wants a shell bill to build on, and it's not beyond the realm of possibility that he'll get it...not if the aforementioned witch gets her way.

Speaking of witches, it seems that Hillary has seen the light-no matter how nice you try to be to that little nutcase in Iran, he/it isn't gonna quit being a nutcase.

Meanwhile, there's a surge in Afghanistan...and the troops have one hand tied behind their backs. Don't shoot-even if you know they're the enemy-if they're not armed. And if they're shooting at you and there's a possibility that a civilian might be in the vicinity, don't shoot. Oh yes, Dear Leader, o wise one! Yeah...he'll blame GW Bush and/or General McCrystal if it breaks really bad, and take credit if we catch a break. I hate to say it, but I'm starting to think this RINO wimp Tim Johnson we have here in IL-15 was right in a way. Fight the damn war or get the hell out of it! I'm pleased to see this nosedive Obama and his Chicago thugs pals are in, and I hope it continues and accelerates-but I don't want my brothers and sisters out there to suffer the consequences.* I fear that some will, however, and it's...there's no word for it; no adjective I can think of that adequately defines how I feel about that. I'll leave it at that.

But I'm trying again here...dipping my toe in the water, as it were. It's a start.

*My ETS (Expiration of Term of Service) was over 18 years ago. The oath I took (to preserve, protect, and defend, etc.) will NEVER expire. God bless and keep you, my brothers and sisters!

No comments: