Monday, March 9, 2009

Another New Year

Good God...it's March already. Daylight Saving Time already. How does one save daylight?! If I could figure that out, I'd be a gazillionaire. I will at least concede that I don't have the intellectual firepower to do so. I especially like this bit:

In the United States, Daylight Saving Time commences at 2:00 a.m. to minimize disruption. However, many states restrict bars from serving alcohol between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m. At 2:00 a.m. in the fall, however, the time switches back one hour. So, can bars serve alcohol for that additional hour? Some states claim that bars actually stop serving liquor at 1:59 a.m., so they have already stopped serving when the time reverts to Standard Time. Other states get solve the problem by saying that liquor can be served until "two hours after midnight." In practice, however, many establishments stay open an extra hour in the fall.

I'm a beer guy, and I've been in a bar exactly twice since I last posted. Which has been a lot of temporal miles ago. I've been offline for the better part of a year, having moved to a place where internet access is problematic in more ways than one.

As much as I've missed my online friends, I'm not all that sorry I missed the goings-on the past ten months. I couldn't miss the newspapers, as it's all I had to go on. Heh...well, there were a couple of months where I avoided the news in favor of the crossword and sudoku. And I'm good at both.

I don't imagine that I could add much to what the great talkers say, but I'm disgusted enough by what's going on that I'm in the right frame of mind to give it a shot. Give me a week or so-I'm still decompressing.

No comments: