Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Year, New Hope


Well! Obviously things haven't panned out as I'd hoped. My intent was to hold off on Fred: Part III as I cogitated on how to proceed, and in the meantime I'd invited a couple of good friends (one of whom is a Gold-Star father) to compose guest-posts. A little topical diversity is a good thing, it seems to me. But things didn't come together as I'd have liked, and life got busy. Working four ten-hour (evening) shifts makes it difficult to get caught up with the day's events and get in the proper frame of mind to write in serious, thoughtful mode. (I also dabble in fiction-writing, which is in the realm of fan-fiction/fantasy/sci-fi.) The weekend almost inevitably ends up being a game of catch-up as well as online interaction with friends. Plus, frankly, I got lazy.

A lot has happened since my last post besides. Thanks to a friend, I'm now able to listen to Rush via 24/7 when I get home-and I wouldn't miss it. Also...I referred to my employment situation in an earlier post, saying that I was hoping to get hired on with the company where I was working as a temp. That finally happened; I started full-time permanent Thanksgiving. A great place to work, good pay (for this area, to be sure), great benefits, great co-workers. Including the gal I was talking about in that earlier post, who was hired on before I was-and in a supervisory job. I've come to think that she's a 'classic' liberal who's been woefully misinformed by the MSM (henceforth, DBM, as in Drive-By Media) that she believes all 'Republicans' are mean-spirited bigots. While I'm not a Republican, if she believes I am-and we're quite friendly now-that may serve to get her wondering about her indoctrination by the schools and DBM. She's not yet 25, I think, so there's hope there.

At any rate! The year closed on a positive note for me, and a lot of the stress and uncertainty I'd been trying to suppress for a year and a half is gone. Some challenges remain, but I've regained my optimism about the future. In all things.

It's just as well that I stood down for a while. Some of my expectations in the Fred posts haven't materialized, obviously, and I'll get into that in the near future. At this point, suffice it to say that I am STILL with Fred-for the distance. I'll refrain from prognostications, however, and stick with what IS. That's coming soon, and there are plenty of other matters to explore as well. Until then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice way to start the New Year . A new job that you enjoy and a company that gives you great benefits. I am really happy for you in this coming year.

Looks like Fred is come up from the ground to take these guys on, he seems like he is a long distance runner.

ProudGulfWarVet65 said...

Thank you kindly, falcon!

Yes indeed...I hope and expect that there's a huge and unpleasant surprise in store for the leftists, their mouthpieces in the DBM, and the non-conservatives on the GOP side. Here's to it!